Fees for FIPPA Requests
- The $5.00 request fee is mandatory and non-refundable.
- HGMH is permitted to charge certain fees in connection with responding to a Freedom of Information (FOI) request. Section 57(1) of FIPPA outlines those costs incurred by the hospital that can be charged to the requester as fees, namely:
- the cost of every hour of manual search required to locate a record;
- the cost of preparing the record for disclosure;
- computer and other costs incurred in locating, retrieving, processing and copying a record;
- shipping costs; and
- any other costs incurred in responding to a request for access to a record.
- A fee estimate will be provided to the requester if the costs exceed $25.
- The requester will be asked to pay a deposit of 50% on a fee estimate over $100 before the Hospital continues to process the request.
- HGMH will inform you whether any exclusions/exemptions under FIPPA apply to requested records to enable you to make an informed decision on whether to proceed with the request or not.
- Before you view or receive requested record(s), you will be asked to pay all applicable fees.
- Payment of fees may be made with cash, debit or credit card.
|Fees for a General Record Request||Amount / Rate|
|s. 57(1) FIPPA, s. 6 Reg. 460|
|Photocopies and computer printouts||$0.20 per page|
|Records provided on CD||$10.00 for each CD|
|Manually searching a record||$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Preparing a record for disclosure, including severing a part of the record||$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Developing a computer program or other method of producing a record from a machine readable record||$15.00 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Costs, including computer costs, incurred in locating, retrieving, processing and copying the record(s) if those costs are specified in an invoice received by the hospital||Actual costs incurred|