Visiting Hours at HGMH - An Open Door Approach
As of September 30, 2015, Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital will no longer be restricting visiting hours. It is our aim to welcome guests and visitors who have come to show their support to loved ones who may be among our in-patients. Families and guests are welcome 24 hours a day according to patient preference.We have a few guidelines set in place to help keep our in-patients happy and to aid in their recovery, which should be reviewed before visiting your loved one:
- Between 8:00pm and 7:00am, visitors must enter through the Emergency entrance and report their presence to the nursing station prior to visiting the patient.
- The number of people welcomed at the bedside at any one time will be determined in collaboration with the patient, family, and inter-professional team. In situations where there are shared rooms, this negotiation will include the other patients and their family. To ensure safety, considerations will also be given to the physical limitations of the space
- Alternative guests (e.g.: pets and/or animal assistant therapy) must be pre-arranged following the HGMH Pet Visitation Policy
- There may be interruptions to family and guest presence to protect the privacy rights of other patients or to maintain the safety, health of patients and the security of patients and staff
- Visitor restrictions may be put in place during outbreaks to prevent illness from spreading
- Do not visit if you are experiencing any known infectious illness, or are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Please wash hands thoroughly and regularly; when sink and soap are unavailable, feel free to make use of Purell® stations situated throughout the Hospital
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be supervised by a visiting adult at all times
We ask that you please respect these visiting guidelines, as they have our patient's best interests in mind.